|Amruta Fadnavis Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||April 9, 1979|
Amruta Fadnavis is an Indian banker, singer, socialite, and social activist who has served as the vice-president (corporate head, West India) of Axis Bank, an Indian banking and financial services company headquartered in Mumbai. She is also an accomplished singer who has performed at various social events and lent her voice to songs recorded for numerous commercial and social films.
Nagpur, Maharashtra, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Amruta had attended the St. Joseph Convent School in her hometown of Nagpur. After her high school graduation, she studied at the G.S. College of Commerce and Economics, also in Nagpur.
Thereafter, she joined the Symbiosis Law School in Pune, Maharashtra. She had studied taxation laws there and had later pursued an MBA degree in finance.
Banker, Singer, Socialite, Social Activist
- Father – Sharad Ranade (Ophthalmologist)
- Mother – Charulata Ranade (Gynaecologist)
- Siblings – Gaurav Ranade (Brother) (Engineer)
- Others – Gangadhar Fadnavis (Father-in-Law) (Politician) (Former Member of the Maharashtra Legislative Council, the Upper House of the State Legislature of Maharashtra), Sarita Fadnavis (Mother-in-Law) (Former Director of the Vidarbha Housing Credit Society), Ashish Fadnavis (Brother-in-Law)
Classical, Devotional, Bollywood, Pop
- Zee Music Company
- Times Music
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
59 kg or 130 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Amruta has dated –
- Devendra Fadnavis (2005-Present) – Amruta got married to Indian politician Devendra Fadnavis in December 2005. They have a daughter together named Divija Fadnavis. Devendra was the 18th chief minister of the Indian state of Maharashtra, holding office from October 2014 to November 2019. He was also the mayor of the city of Nagpur in Maharashtra from 1997 to 2001.
Race / Ethnicity
- Slender frame
- Center-parted, long, straight, dense hair
- Affable smile
- Gleaming face
Amruta Fadnavis Facts
- She had started getting trained in classical music when she was just 6 years old. She was also a state-level tennis player in the under-16 tier.
- She had started her career in 2003, working as an executive cashier at Axis Bank. She had later headed the bank’s business branch in Nagpur. She migrated to the bank’s corporate office in Mumbai in January 2015 and continued working there even after her husband became the chief minister of Maharashtra.
- She made her debut as a playback singer with the song Sab Dhan Mati which was featured in the 2016 Indian crime drama film Jai Gangaajal.
- Her first music video, titled Phir Se, that had featured legendary actor Amitabh Bachchan was viewed more than 700,000 times in a single day and had amassed more than 1.4 million views in just 3 days.
- She has also recorded several songs to promote social causes, including – the Mumbai River Anthem (2018, to promote the conservation efforts for the 4 rivers of Mumbai – Poisar, Dahisar, Oshiwara, and Mithi); Alag Mera Ye Rang Hai (loosely translates to I am of a different color, 2020, for acid attack victims); Tu Mandir Tu Shivala (loosely translates to You are our temples, you are our Gods, for corona warriors); and Tila Jagu Dya (loosely translates to let her live, for gender empowerment).
- In 2017, she organized a fashion show featuring acid attack survivors at the National Sports Club of India in Worli, Mumbai. Her husband, who was the chief minister of Maharashtra at that time, was present at the event and had announced an increase in the compensation amount for acid attack victims.
- The same year, she represented India at National Prayer Breakfast, a yearly event held in Washington, D.C., usually on the first Thursday in February. The event is attended by some 3,500 guests from more than 100 countries and is a forum for the political, social, and business elite to assemble and pray together.
- In 2019, she co-initiated a musical talent show called Mitti Ke Sitare (loosely translates to Stars of this Soil) for underprivileged school children from the slums of Mumbai. The objective was to provide a platform for youngsters with little means to showcase their talent on a major platform.
- On the occasion of the Hindu festival of Mahashivratri in 2022, she released a rendition of the Sanskrit hymn Shiva Tandava Stotra. By the middle of April 2022, the video had received more than 12 million views on YouTube.
Featured Image by Amruta Fadnavis / Instagram