|Anneliese van der Pol Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||September 23, 1984|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Anneliese van der Pol is a Dutch actress who is a famous Broadway performer and is best known for appearing as Chelsea on the show, That’s So Raven. She is a critically acclaimed artist who has performed as Belle in Beauty and the Beast and as Kathy in Vanities, A New Musical. She has a huge social media fan base with more than 500k followers on Instagram, more than 100k followers on Twitter, and more than 300k followers on Facebook.
Anneliese Louise van der Pol
Los Angeles, California, United States
Anneliese went to Washington Elementary School in Bellflower, California, after her family shifted base from the Netherlands to America.
She then attended Bellflower Middle School and High School, and finally graduated in 2001, from the revered Orange County High School of the Arts in Santa Ana, California.
Actress, Singer, Dancer
- Father – Willem van der Pol (Director of the Physical Plant)
- Mother – Dyan Ross
- Siblings – Sarah (Older Sister) (Performer), Rachel (Older Sister)
Anneliese van der Pol is represented by –
- Mona Loring, MLC PR
- Victoria Morris, Booking Agent, KSR
- Michael Kaleda, General Manager, Bold Management
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
51 kg or 112.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Anneliese has dated –
- Orlando Brown (2001-2004) – Anneliese started dating her co-star from That’s SoRaven, Orlando Brown in 2001. They were together for around 3 years before breaking up in 2004.
- Daniel Samonas (2008-2009) – Anneliese and Canadian actor Daniel, who is famous for his character, Dean, in Wizards of Waverly Place, dated from 2008 to 2009.
- Sean Marquette (2009) – Sean is an American actor known for voicing the character of Mac from Foster’s Home for Imaginary Friends. Sean and Anneliese started dating in 2009, but the affair ended up in the same year.
Race / Ethnicity
She has American ancestry on her mother’s side and Dutch ancestry on her father’s side.
She often tends to dye her hair ‘dark brown’ or ‘red’.
- Colossal eyes
- Pouty lips
- Slightly bigger nose
Best Known For
Her role in the supernatural sitcom, That’s So Raven from 2003 to 2007 as Chelsea Daniels, who is Raven’s best friend and sidekick on the show
As a Singer
Anneliese has lent her voice to songs like Over It, Let Life Happen, and Stand Tall.
She made her theatrical film debut in 2001 in the musical comedy Divorce: The Musical, in which she was cast as Chelsea Weber.
First TV Show
Anneliese made her TV show debut as a singing contestant in an episode of the music game show, Great Pretenders in December 2001.
She sports a well-maintained physique and has said in an interview that she likes running.
Anneliese van der Pol Favorite Things
- Healthy Food – Grilled Artichoke
- Cheat Food – Fries
- Actress – Nicole Kidman
- Films – The Shawshank Redemption (1994), The Big Lebowski (1998), and What About Bob? (1991)
Source – Naluda Magazine, IMDb
Anneliese van der Pol Facts
- She is named after the German-born diarist Anne Frank after her mother visited the house where Anne Frank hid from the Nazis.
- She holds dual American and Dutch citizenship.
- Anneliese started acting while she was in the 3rd grade.
- Anneliese earned herself a Bobbi Award under the “Best Actress in a Musical” category after she played the role of Sandy Dumbrowsky in the Huntington Beach Playhouse revival of Grease in 1999.
- After she played Eva Perón in the Buena Park Civic Theatre production of the musical Evita in 1999, Anneliese gained positive reviews from the Los Angeles Times and also became the youngest actress in the history of theatrical performances to play the role in a professional production.
- She earned an Austin Critics Table Award nomination under the “Best Actress in a Musical” category and a B. Iden Payne nomination under the “Best Featured Actress in a Musical” category after performing “Laurey” in an Austin, Texas musical theatre production of Oklahoma! from 2000 to 2001.
- She turned down the lead role of Kim Possible in the animated series of the same name in 2002 which was then performed by Christy Carlson Romano.
- Anneliese was the only cast member of That’s So Raven who was not an American.
- She has collaborated with Disney for their various music projects including the theme song of That’s So Raven in 2003.
- Anneliese made her Broadway debut on April 3, 2007, as Belle in Beauty and the Beast.
- On July 10, 2006, Anneliese got arrested in Los Angeles for DUI as she had a blood-alcohol level more than the legal limit in California. She was sentenced for the crime in 2007 and was ordered to pay fines, go on probation, and attend an alcohol education program.
- Anneliese has been featured on the covers of magazines like Disney Adventures (US) and Playbill (US) in June 2003 and July 2009 respectively.
- Follow Anneliese on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.
Featured Image by Anneliese van der Pol / Instagram