So, are you thinking about migrating to the USA?
Well, in that case, you will need to apply for a green card first. By issuing the same, you can live in the U.S. as a permanent resident and get various immigration benefits.
For example, you can work in a USA-based organization, make legal requests, and act like any other USA resident altogether.
Nonetheless, the procedure of acquiring a green card is pretty complex, especially if you aren’t aware of anything.
In this article, we have explained a few aspects regarding migrating to the USA and getting a green card. Yes, we have answered the most common question, “How Long Does It Take to Renew Green Card” as well!
Let’s get started!
Applying For A Green Card
You can make an application for a green card in four different ways. These are –
If you are a spouse or an unmarried child (under 21), you can apply for a family-based green card without any waiting period. Additionally, the same will apply to you even if you are the father or mother of a US citizen (21 years or older). However, it may take around five to eighteen months for the card to process and arrive at your house.
If you have made a significant investment in a USA-based organization, you can acquire a green card based on that. In the case of an economically weak or rural region, the minimum amount has to reach somewhere between USD 900,000. Conversely, the required sum would be around 1.8 million.
Due to the high cost of a US employer and strict liability of proof, it’s almost impossible to obtain a green card. Nevertheless, if you still want to go through the rigorous application procedure, you will need to choose between the following categories –
- EB – 1A (extraordinary capability of working)
- EB – 1B (Brilliant researchers, professors, executives, and managers)
- EB – 2 (Exceptional teaching ability, student reading in an advanced degree)
- EB – 3 (Skilled professionals, workers, and other corporational employees)
- EB – 4 (Religious workers and special immigrants)
- EB – 5 (Investors)
4. Green Card Lottery
Also known as the DV lottery, the Green Card lottery procedure is the easiest way to become a US resident. The requirements of the same are pretty manageable. Almost 55,000 people come together and participate in the process, and only 25 of them get chosen amongst them.
How Long Does It Take to Renew A Green Card?
Like any other VISA, you will need to renew your green card as well. In this section, we have explained a few aspects that you must know in this aspect. Let’s get started –
The Processing Time Of Green Card
Usually, it will take you somewhere between 1.5 to 12 months to complete the renewal procedure of your green card. Sometimes, it may take even more time if you have done something wrong during your application.
In case you want to keep track of your card’s processing period, you can check it by creating an account on the official USCIS website.
How To Pay The Renewal Fee Of Your Green Card?
You can pay the renewal fee of your green card in two different ways. These are as follows –
- If you have filled up the I-90 form online, you will be redirected to another window (pay.gov) to pay with a credit card (electronically).
- When you provide that application from the mail, you can pay by using a personal cheque, money order, or credit card.
The Procedure Of Renewing A Green Card
You can apply for a green card in two ways – by mail and online. The following chart will help you understand how each of these processes works.
The procedure of applying for a green card can be pretty tricky. Hence, we would ask you to work with an expert who has prior experience in this field. This way, you won’t have to worry about making any mistakes or unnecessary delays.
- Are You Interested in Homeland Security? Get Your Degree Online!
- Why Would You Hire Visa Consultants?
- 4 Things To Expect When You Fall In Love With Someone From Another Country
- 6 Tips for Retailers Who Want to Go Green
- Green Logistics and Packaging