|Kenneth Branagh Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9½ in|
|Date of Birth||December 10, 1960|
Kenneth Branagh is a British actor, director, producer, and writer who is widely recognized for having directed as well as appeared in a number of film adaptations of William Shakespeare’s plays like Henry V (1989) and As You Like It (2006). He has starred in many other movies such as Wild Wild West (1999) and Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit (2014), having directed the latter as well and has been featured in various TV shows including Wallander (2008-2016). Branagh is the recipient of numerous awards and honors, having been the first man to get nominated in 5 different categories for the Academy Awards.
Kenneth Charles Branagh
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
He attended Grove Primary School, Whiteknights Primary School, and the local comprehensive in Tilehurst named Meadway School.
After unsatisfactory A-level results in English, History, and Sociology, Branagh started to take training at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art in London, having gone on to serve as its president from 2015.
Actor, Director, Producer, Writer
- Father – William Branagh (Plumber, Joiner)
- Mother – Frances née Harper
- Siblings – William Branagh Jr. (Older Brother), Joyce Branagh (Younger Sister) (Actress)
He has been represented by Longcross Film Studios.
His net worth was $60 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 9½ in or 176.5 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Emma Thompson (1987-1995) – He and actress Emma had met on the sets of the TV mini-series Fortunes of War in 1987. They got married on August 20, 1989. Their happiness was threatened by Kenneth’s affair with Helena Bonham Carter on the sets of Frankenstein (1994). They got divorced in 1995.
- Helena Bonham Carter (1994-1999)
- Alicia Silverstone (1998-1999) – Rumor
- Lindsay Brunnock (2003-Present) – He tied the knot with film art director Lindsay Brunnock on May 24, 2003.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Northern Irish/Ulster-Scots and Irish descent.
- Cheerful smile
- Thin lips
- Sharp nose
Kenneth Branagh Favorite Things
- Football Clubs – English Tottenham Hotspur, Northern Irish Linfield, Scottish Rangers
Source – Wikipedia
Kenneth Branagh Facts
- He was brought up in Reading in Berkshire, England.
- He got appointed a Knight Bachelor in the 2012 Birthday Honours and got knighted on November 9, 2012.
- Kenneth had picked up an English accent in order to deter bullies.
- Kenneth has revealed that like the character Hamlet that he has portrayed, he has had some uncanny experiences. He has recalled having visited Bhutan where he was 16,000 feet up. He was having a severe case of altitude sickness but he also had a very strong sense of his grandmother’s presence there so much so that he had found himself talking to her. That had not been a prelude to finding out she had passed away as she was perfectly fine when he had got back. They had been very close and at the age of 93, Kenneth was one of the few things she could recognize.
- He has owned a little Jack Russell dog having loved him to bits with his pet having made him cry by always being there and enjoying life.
- Branagh has relished the month of May, the arrival of which has moved him hugely. His heart has filled up with joy when the light has hit the country and he has seen all the growth and possibility. He has suffered from seasonal disorder thing, where he has felt depressed in mid-October with the nights drawing in. He has wanted everybody to use every moment of the light.
- In March 2022, Kenneth won the “Outstanding Director of the Year Award” at the 2022 Santa Barbara International Film Festival.
Featured Image by Kenneth Branagh / Instagram