|Lindsey Stirling Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3.5 in|
|Date of Birth||September 21, 1986|
Lindsey Stirling is an American violinist, songwriter, dancer, and performance artist who is known for her choreographed violin performances. She has been a part of several shows and movies such as A Trip to Unicorn Island, America’s Got Talent, Convos with My 2 Year Old, Breaking Through, Sing It!, Lindsey Stirling: Brave Enough, The Outpost, Dancing with the Stars, and S.A.L.E.M. In addition to that, Lindsey Stirling has also released albums and tracks like Lindsey Stirling, Shatter Me, Warmer in the Winter, Brave Enough, Beyond the Veil, Master of Tides, The Arena, Something Wild (ft. Andrew McMahon), Hold My Heart” (ft. ZZ Ward), Prism, Love’s Just a Feeling (ft. Rooty), Christmas C’mon (ft. Becky G), Warmer in the Winter (ft. Trombone Shorty), The Upside (ft. Elle King), Underground, What You’re Made Of (ft. Kiesza), and Artemis.
Lindseystomp, Linds, Zi-Zi, Dancing Violinist, The Hip-Hop Violinist
Santa Ana, California, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
When Lindsey was 16, she completed her Junior High education at Greenfield Junior High in Gilbert, Arizona.
She then went to Mesquite High School. Lindsey pursued her filmmaking course and attended Brigham Young University (BYU) in Provo, Utah.
She took a short hiatus and returned to Provo to continue her path at BYU in 2009. Lindsey graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in recreation management from the BYU Marriott School of Management.
Musician, Performance Artist, Composer, Dancer
- Father – Stephen J. Stirling (Religious Educator and Author) (Died on January 24, 2017, from cancer)
- Mother – Diane Stirling
- Siblings – Brooke S. Passey (Sister) (Author), Jennifer (Sister), Marina (Sister), and Vova (Sister)
- Others – Douglas Miles Stirling (Paternal Grandfather), Ruth Fotheringham (Paternal Grandmother), Henry Hamblin Leigh (Maternal Grandfather), Jean Jensen (Maternal Grandmother)
Troy Carter, who is the manager of Lady Gaga and the head of Atom Factory manages Lindsey Stirling.
- Universal Music Group
Her net worth had been $12 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 3.5 in or 161 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Lindsey Stirling has dated –
- Devin Graham (2012-2013) – YouTuber and videographer Devin Graham, attended the same university and church as Lindsey. The two dated for a brief period after the filming of Crystallize. Graham then shifted base to Utah. The two decided to call it quits professionally as well as personally.
- Ryan Weed – She was romantically involved with Ryan Weed in the past for a year and a half. She revealed in October 2017 on Dancing with the Stars that her relationship with Ryan had ended.
Race / Ethnicity
Lindsey Stirling is of English, Scottish, Welsh, Danish, and Manx descent.
She prefers to dye her hair red, blonde and dark brown.
- Her blue eyes
- Beautiful smile
Lindsey has appeared in various commercials such as –
- ESPN College Football
- Kelly’s Cereal
- Kia Motors
- Harman Professional Solutions
Best Known For
- Her music video Crystallize, which was the 8th most-watched video in 2012 on YouTube.
- Reaching the quarter-finals on America’s Got Talent, where she displayed her hip-hop violin playing and dancing skills.
Lindsey released her first album, Lindsey Stirling in September 2012 and it reached #1 on Billboard’s Dance / Electronic Chart and Classical Album Chart. The album also earned her a 2014 Billboard Music Award nomination for Top Dance / Electronic Album and was certified Gold by the RIAA.
She made her theatrical film debut as Phelba in the musical-drama film Breaking Through in 2015.
First TV Show
Lindsey made her television show debut on the talk show Larry King Now in 2012 as a guest.
Lindsey was always fond of dancing, so she incorporates that into her workout as well. She stretches before every performance. While on tour, her performances act as a great cardio workout. When she’s not on the road, she prefers dancing and kickboxing at home with some music.
Lindsey owes her high-energy performances to treating her body right. She believes in treating her body with kindness, and hence, she keeps away from fried food and caffeine. Lindsey believes in keeping her body free of toxins and chemicals. She eats meat in moderation and prefers eating vegetables.
Lindsey Stirling Facts
- Growing up, Lindsey was not financially well off. Hence, her parents could not afford full-time violin lessons. She started playing the violin at the age of 5.
- She grew up in a modest household and has said that “I would not trade my humble childhood years for anything else.”
- She was also fond of dancing, however, due to financial limitations, she opted to play the violin.
- When she was in high school, she wrote and performed a solo violin rock song for Arizona’s Junior Miss. After winning the title, she went on to earn the Spirit Award in America’s Junior Miss Finals competition.
- She was one of the band members of the Charley Jenkins Band for around a year.
- She suffered from anorexia and depression.
- Lindsey served The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in New York as a missionary. In 2013, she was featured in their I’m a Mormon campaign.
- Lindsey is also a philanthropist. She teamed with Atlanta Music Project on October 1, 2013, to spread the awareness of music to the less fortunate. There were shirts sold, and their proceeds went into training 50 children in music.
- In 2017, she won the Billboard Music Award for best top dance/electronic album for Brave Enough.
- Stirling was included in Forbes magazine’s 30 Under 30 In Music: The Class Of 2015.
- She appeared as herself in the 2016 documentary film A Trip to Unicorn Island, starring Lilly Singh.
- On September 6, 2019, she released her 5th studio album titled Artemis and it peaked at number #1 on the US Independent Albums (Billboard) chart, US Top Classical Albums (Billboard) chart, and the US Top Dance/Electronic Albums (Billboard) chart.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0